Today comes updates to the future BMW M2:
– Start of production in late 2015;
– Used a N55 based 6 cylinder turbo engine, 365-375 hp
The M2 is a must-do for BMW because Mercedes-Benz will introducing the 367hp W205 C450 next year. Without the M2, currently BMW has no product to compete with the Mercedes rival.
The reason why BMW not take the turbo 4 cylinder engine route for M2 may due to:
1. Larger turbo lag for the 4 cylinder engine to achieve same output;
2. Excessive developement cost to overcome the shortcoming mentioned in #1.
For enhancements made to the “standard” N55 engine to achieve 370hp-level ouput, the following are some speculations:
– Tuning to the ECU to ...Read More