Cadillac has just released the commercial which teases the upcoming CT6 yesterday. As you can expect, new information flows in quickly. Today we got some powertrain information regarding the CT6. This information came from Cadillac CEO Johan de Nysschen’s Q&A media section yesterday.
At new model launch, a total of 3 engines will be offered:
– Turbocharged 2.0L 4-cylinder
– Twin-turbocharged 3.6L V6
– Twin-turbocharged V8 (this is a completely-new design, NOT the supercharged V8 in the CTS-V)
Also from an interview between Wall Street Journal and GM’s CFO Chuck Stevens, which is also published yesterday, we have the following highlights regarding Cadillac’s plan in the next 3 years:
– Will invest very heavily in China market
– Set up a Cadillac plant in China, in 2016; with annual production capacity around 200,000 units
– Introducing 9 new models in the next 5 years
– Boost Cadillac China market annual sales by 129% in 2018
It is obvious that GM is eager to, and trying everything it can to revive the Cadillac brand. This is a good news for Cadillac fans: because when an auto maker is investing heavily to “save” or “reborn” a brand, products within that period will typically have exceptional high quality.
We will publish one MEGA interesting article each month starting 2015 (special announcement here). New article will be send out via our monthly newsletter. Please subscribe on the right (PC), or scroll all the way down to the bottom (mobile phones). We promise no spams!