Today Volvo announced that the S60L Plug-in Hybrid sedan will be officially on sale two weeks later (04/22). Currently this is for the Chinese market only, no plan for the US market at this moment.
The production version of this new S60 variant will be very similar (if not identical) to the previous S60L PPHEV Concept Car, first shown in the 2014 Beijing Auto Show. Below are highlights of the specification:
– 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder gasoline engine (front wheels), 238hp and 258 lb-ft of torque
– Electric motor (rear wheels): 68hp and 148 lb-ft of torque
– Gasoline engine mated to the Aisin-sourced 8-speed automatic transmission
– 0-100 km/h time: 5.5 seconds
– Charging time (full charge): 4 hrs
– Crankshaft-driven ISG (Integrated Starter Generator) between the engine and the 8AT. For those who are confused about the “ISG” term: The ISG replaces both the conventional starter and alternator (generator) in an automobile. When the engine is running, it acts as an electricity generator; while you need to start the engine, it then turns into a starter. Below is an image of the ISG.
Please enjoy the below gallery about the S60L PPHEV Concept Car.