Two days ago Audi showed us a teaser image of the new 2016 R8’s headlights. Although Audi has not officially publish the detail spec, today we managed to get some preliminary numbers and details.
Here are the highlights:
– No V8 engine during initial product launch
– 5.2L V10 Plus trim: 610hp@8,150RPM, 413 lb-ft torque@6,500RPM
– 5.2L V10 trim: 540hp@8,000RPM, 398 lb-ft torque@6,500RPM
– 7-speed S-Tronic dual clutch transmission
– No manual transmission
– Quattro AWD (electro-hydraulically multi-plate clutch center differential, not the viscous coupling type in the current R8)
– V10 Plus 0-62mph: 3.2s; top speed: 205mph
– Standard tire size: 235/35ZR19 (front), 295/30 ZR19 (rear); Optional: 245/30ZR20 (front) and 305/30ZR20 (rear)
– Shares the same platform as the Lamborghini Huracan
– Aluminum/carbonfiber car body architecture
– Car body torsional rigidity is 40% stiffer, and weights 15% lighter than the current R8. V10 Plus trim weights at 3,206 lbs (1,454 kg)
– Electronic steering system
– Adaptive dampers
– Carbon-ceramic brakes standard on the V10 Plus trim
– 7 different selectable driving modes
– Exterior dimensions (length/width/height): 4444mm (same as current R8)/1944mm (+39mm)/1241mm (-9mm)
– Front/rear track, and wheelbase are the same as the current R8
For those who want to see the new R8 without the covering and camouflage, we have one spy shot for you to enjoy.
We will publish one MEGA interesting article each month starting 2015. New article will be send out via our monthly newsletter. Please subscribe on the right (PC), or scroll all the way down to the bottom (mobile phones). We promise no spams!